Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial) or Engineering and/or Facilities related discipline or equivalent environment
• 0-2 years' experience in facility operations or technical support services in a GMP regulated plant environment.
• Familiarity with the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for work order planning/scheduling, spare parts/inventory management and asset master data tracking
Area of Specialization Engineering (Mechanical)
• 2 years' experience in Engineering roles, preferably in the pharmaceutical, consumer health care or food industry
• Experience in Facilities Management or a facility-related Engineering or Technical discipline
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
• Experience as a User or Super User of a computerized maintenance management or calibration management software system.
Other Job-Related Skills
• Expertise in risk assessment methodology, incident investigation, and root cause analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies.
• Must be able to work in a complex environment taking a balanced view across all interested parties and across business lines.
• Broad technical knowledge of manufacturing plant operational maintenance.
• Practical experience in troubleshooting with development of engineering solutions.
• Knowledgeable of cGMP's principles.
• Excellent in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
• Leadership skills that enable the introduction of new ways of working.
Job Description Summary-Job Family - Facilities: Ensures the optimal utilisation of the organisation's facilities. Assesses and evaluates physical space requirements and recommends plans to meet needs. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through inspection and maintenance.
Job Family Group - Real Estate and Facilities: Plans, controls and directs real estate activities such as the site location and acquisition, right-of-way negotiation, building and land acquisition and disposition, space leasing, property management, and maintenance of properties.
Job Description-The primary purpose of the Junior Engineer is to maintain and enhance WREF's (Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities) Infrastructure through provision of engineering skills, and the effective delivery of maintenance programs and project management.
Working closely with the operations teams to maintain and optimize the technical performance in terms of reliability, safety and environmental integrity of our sites.
The role will develop, implement and manage preventive maintenance, inspection and overhaul plans, as well as troubleshooting and providing technical support to ensure delivery of cost effective solutions. It will also provide technical and organizational support to site leadership to drive equipment reliability and performance improvement, as well as implement systems and best practices to ensure proactive measures are being taken for continuous improvement.
The Junior Engineer also reviews and approves maintenance plans, both internal and external, ensuring that all maintenance service contracts are integrated properly.
• Responsible for the implementation of the maintenance strategy for GSK facilities.
• Responsible for deriving and updating preventive maintenance, inspection and calibration programs.
• He/ she derives, reviews and controls regularly preventive maintenance and inspection plans, based on risk analysis and criticality ranking of assets, and meeting business requirements.
• Reviews regularly the content of maintenance/services contracts with OEM's and service providers.
• Periodically monitors asset performance and analysis of performance losses and the effectiveness of current maintenance strategies, based on reliability expertise and reliability characteristics, modes and risks of failure.
• Assessment of bad-actors in terms of safety, reliability, availability and maintenance cost.
• Provides input to configure the maintenance management system (CMMS) (such as asset breakdown structure, PM plans, task lists, bill of materials etc.).
• Ensures consistent use of root cause analysis tools on assessment of all high-risk reliability incidents.
• Support root cause analysis of engineering related issues or instruments.
• Provides Life Cycle Cost analysis use for new equipment selection when required.
• Support and propose preventive maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability of critical plant.
• Develop and recommend improvements, design changes or modifications to automation/mechanical systems, equipment or procedures.
• Develop technical specifications for maintenance repairs and replacements involving rotating and stationary equipment.
• Create and lead improvement procedures generated by various sources: CAPA, BMS alarms, plant recovery forms.
• Provide technical support for capital improvement projects.
• Support engineering groups to resolve reoccurring issues, deviations and incidents.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.