Junior Fullstack Software Developer
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Posted: November 14, 2017
Reference ID: CHI0002U
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is responsible for developing the asset allocation strategy and overseeing asset/liability management for Prudential’s insurance businesses. The Technology and Operations team provides the technology solutions in support of the CIO group.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Vice President of Application Delivery.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical, programming, problem solving, organizational, and technical writing skills who must be able to work on complex projects with minimal guidance.
• Proficient with one or more general programming languages and frameworks like Java 8, C#, Python or Node.js.
• Familiar with back end development framework like Spring and ORM Framework like Hibernate or JPA.
• Familiar with various systems development lifecycles (SDLC, Agile)
• Strong sense of OOP software design concept.
• Exposure to relational database like SQL Server, MySQL, etc. and complex queries.
• Prior experience with AWS or Google cloud is a plus.
• Prior experience with web server like Tomcat, Apache or Jetty is a plus.
• Prior knowledge with financial concepts is a plus: trading, financial instruments, derivatives, asset management, etc.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Self-learner, technology advocate eager to work on any challenge
• Demonstrated capability in Prudential Leadership Competencies: especially Strong Moral Compass, Taking Appropriate Risks, Collaboration, and Execution
• Flexibility to work after normal business hours as needed
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent