The Hartford's Billing and Premium Audit IT team is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Application Developer to support Invest projects in Windsor, CT . Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent software development skills and Java/.Net
expertise, expertise with PLSQL
programming language, Oracle technical acumen, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced development environment. Additionally they will be expected to display strong technical skills and have experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision. Candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
- Provide development and testing support, and follow implementation of standards and best practices in alignment with our architecture patterns
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
- Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
- Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas
- Good analytical skills and ability to multitask is a plus
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
- Work closely with the architecture team and tech leads to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
- Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of independence but is also a team player
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1 years of programming / systems analysis and industry specific business expertise
- At least 1 years of experience developing Java/.Net applications
- At least 1 years of working with Oracle Forms, MS Access.
- Experience with Web Services
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies
- Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications
- Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal
- Detail oriented
- Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
- Application Server, Weblogic, JBoss
- Oracle 11G, PLSQL
- SOAP Web Services
- XML, XSD
- Source Code version tools such as Apache Subversion,
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **