Junior Meeting Manager/ Event Manager
Company: American Express Global Business Travel
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posted: February 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1629725083
Junior Meeting Manager/Event Manager
Basic Purpose : Develop and expand the project account relationship by providing comprehensive expertise and leadership to GBT and to major clients, overseeing the facilitation of programs, providing client and team support and training, and managing special projects. To function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Work closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes.
Scope : The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs. Will vary from client to client and program to program.
Reporting and Working Relationships : Reports to the Strategic Account/Operations Manager. Working relationship with clients and third party suppliers. Interacts with internal departments including, but not limited to, Sourcing Coordinators, Sourcing Managers, Senior Sourcing Managers, Meeting Coordinators, Meeting Managers, Senior Meeting Managers, Project Account Managers, Attendee Management, Creative Department, Web Producers, Industry Relations, Project Accounting, Account Management, Account Executives, and Program Operations.
PROCESS MANAGEMENT :
1.Receives all supplier contracts after to finalization, ensuring both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both GBT and the client, including attrition dates, cancellation policies, etc. ensures appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
2. Complete project timeline; establishes a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details as needed.
3. Manages any hotel needs, destination management company (DMC), air, and third party suppliers post contract, when needed. Monitors attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed.
4. Communicates between Information Technology support and clients with respect to web requirements on assigned programs. Builds simple sites as needed.
5. Coordinates and may attend site inspections as needed.
6. Leads and manages communication/actions around registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
7. Coordinates all program details and produces a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements when needed.
8. May conduct program debrief with client.
9. Works with accounting to complete final bill, reviews final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
10. Ensures consistency of client branding guidelines.
11. Maintains accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in GBT and client policies and procedures.
12. Evaluates program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
13. Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
14. Outlines strategy, communication plan, and process for assigned programs when required.
15. Utilizes business program management system for all phases of program management including sourcing, contract negotiation, planning, and final bill completion, while maintaining high level of data integrity and timeliness.
16. May coordinate sponsorships, advertising and promotion of program with suppliers.
17. May work within air booking tool for certain aspects of attendee management.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT :
1. Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
2. Manages overall program budget, reviews and audits all program related billing for accuracy.
3. Tracks and reports expenses to clients and communicates changes to them on a consistent basis.
4. May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
5. Works with leader to forecast overall program financials and ensure monthly tracking for actual.
6. Monitor foreign exchange rates for sharp fluctuations which may impact the profitability of sold programs when required.
7. Analyzes financial information and determines cost savings strategies.
8. Actively documents negotiated savings for client.
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT :
1. Provides leadership to peers and promotes positive team environment as a positive role model.
2. Works closely with client on a day-to-day basis to ensure program objectives are executed.
3. Maintains proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
4. Acts as lead, communicates program requirements to team as needed; works closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
5. Partners with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
6. Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation.
7. May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
8. Develops strategic partnerships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
1. Manages special projects as assigned by the leaders.
2. Participate in client presentations as requested.
3. Provide back-up support for leaders.
4. Review processes and contribute to new SOP's as needed.
5. Holds self and others accountable for business results.
6. May assist leadership with on boarding of new employees..
1. Works on special projects as assigned by the Director or Operations Manager.
2. May require travel to destinations worldwide, in support of client site inspections and/or program operations. There is an inherent risk associated with all travel, often as a result of extraordinary circumstances. Therefore, during an emergency, it is your duty to provide the necessary guidance and leadership, and to promote the safety of the client, travel participants and other GBT employees by implementing or supporting prescribed crisis procedures.
3. Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
Minimum of five + years experience in event or meeting management required.
2. Proven ability to promote change and efficiencies within an organization.
3. Oral and written presentation skills required.
4. Proven ability to understand and suggest attendee registration technology solutions to key stakeholders
5. Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car 10-20% of the time.
6. Super user in business process management tools (Cvent)
7. Proven ability in developing cost sheets and implementing costing strategies.
8. Extensive domestic destination knowledge, international a plus.
9. Prior successful experience in developing, managing, and maintaining key client and supplier relationships.
10. Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus.
11. CMP designation a plus.
12. Prior experience in effectively handle multiple projects/demands.
13. Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
14. College degree preferred. Knowledge of airline booking systems a plus Skilled in building attendee registration sites preferred Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required.
MS EXCEL - INTERMEDIATE - Required
MS OUTLOOK - ADVANCED - Required
MS POWERPOINT - INTERMEDIATE - Preferred
MS WORD - INTERMEDIATE - Required
WINDOWS - INTERMEDIATE - Required
Cvent (or equivalent)- Attendee Management - ADVANCED - Required
Cvent (or equivalent) - Site Building - INTERMEDIATE - Required
Airline Booking Tool - BASIC - Preferred
Ability to Learn and Analyze
Adaptability & Resourcefulness
Judgment & Decisiveness
Planning & Organizing
Managed high volume of group movements simultaneously
United States>Ohio>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .