GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A Junior Military Officer Leadership Program member is a member of a robust, two-year program focusing on leadership skill and competency development, consisting of three eight-month rotations within the business. These rotations include three rotations within different parts of the GEHC business and is designed to both acclimate outgoing military officers to corporate life and to provide a future funnel of leaders within the GEHC business.
• Completing three, eight-month rotations. The specific job responsibilities are dependent on the scope and type of each of the three rotations and are defined in the goals & objectives setting process for each rotation.
• Attending two GEHC JOLP seminars
• Completing a cross-GEHC business project
• Completing required finance skills training
• Completing required Lean/Six Sigma training
• Completing all administrative requirements for graduation of the JOLP program that are currently in place
• Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. While in rotations where they lead teams: Ensure they establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure management ensures quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Ensure management has established and communicated quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
5. Advise management with "Executive Responsibility" of the appropriateness or otherwise of organizational structures ref 21CFR820.20.
6. While in manager roles, ensure teams maintain adequate organizational structure and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality. Document and provide sufficient objective evidence of the assigned personnel via an accurate and up to date org chart. Ensure qualified personnel based on documentation of education, background, training and experience relative to the employees assigned responsibilities.
7. Awareness, understanding and implementation of related quality compliance guidelines, work instructions, and/or procedures... such as: org charts, job descriptions, training records.
8. Assist in identifying training needs and ensure that personnel are trained adequately to perform their assigned responsibilities. Ensure training is documented.
1. Commissioned Military Officer with minimum 4 years as a commissioned officer in the military.
2. Bachelor's degree
3. Minimum 3.0 undergrad GPA with no graduate degree
4. Minimum 2.8 undergrad GPA with graduate degree GPA 3.5 or greater
5. Maximum of 2 years of separation from active duty; waivable if due to pursuing higher education
6. Ability to use Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
7. Ability to communicate written and verbally using English (and any needed local language)
8. Must be currently transitioning from the military or less than two years removed from service.
9. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Engineering degree preferred, degrees in Finance, Legal, Business, HR, etc. also considered
2. Proven record of success throughout military career
3. Outstanding communication skills
4. Quick to adapt and flexible, eager to learn business and master new roles
5. Proven / demonstrated leadership
6. Demonstrated maturity and accountability
7. Technical and advanced academic degrees, though not a requirement
8. Demonstrated ability to solve problems, delegate, and achieve difficult goals
9. Loyalty, commitment and integrity
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Milwaukee
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.