Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics . Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
The Junior Scientist, Clinical Services (Lead Surgeon) will collaborate with Research Scientists to create and utilize innovative translational models which will impact drug development and discovery and improve human health.
- Candidate must have the ability to establish priorities, author and execute protocols for survival surgery in rodents and other small animals, experience in anesthesia administration both inhalable and injectable, and expertise in perioperative care.
- The surgical procedures will include but are not limited to:
- Heart Failure Model (Transverse aortic constriction (TAC), Myocardial Infarction ( MI), supracoronary aortic banding (SAB) and etc.)),
- Fibrosis and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) model (Nephrectomy and unilateral ureteral obstruction ( UUO)).
- Vessel (systemic and portal), Ductal (bile, lymph) Cannulation for drug metabolism and other (diabetes) research purpose
- Implantation of radio telemetry devices. The ideal candidate will collaboratively contribute to research study design, data interpretation and presentation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Required: BS in Biology or related In Vivo Science field
- Preferred: MS in Biology or related In Vivo Science field
- Minimum of (4) years experience in a Research Laboratory In Vivo field
- Minimum of (2) years' experience in a Research Laboratory In Vivo field
- AAALAS certification
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.