GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Power works in all areas of the energy industry with a full array of power generation, energy delivery, including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. We are solving some the most complex challenges across the globe.
As a Junior Technical Architect, you will get exposure to different components of the GE Power business, where we are committed to the development of our talent pipeline and provide exposure to senior leadership and professional development workshops to assist you in your career search. We want you to learn about the whole GE culture - not just how we work, but how we combine work and fun to create an atmosphere that promotes camaraderie and learning! Did you know? GE Power ranked #1 for Happiest Company for Young Professionals by CareerBliss. Come join our team and define the path that is right for you!
The Junior Technical Architect will be responsible for the application design, build / test and implementation phases of IM projects.
Work activities include:
• Coordinate with project teams and business analysts to translate detailed specifications into new or enhanced application solutions
• Delivery of End-to-End execution for IT projects, ensuring system designs conform to standards and practices (a.k.a. running rules)
• Producing and maintaining project documentation and accountability for operational excellence of assigned project / program
• Maintain peer relationships across IM areas (such as infrastructure and operations) to support effective implementations
• Provide technical project leadership for IT business solutions
• Provide technical architecture (application, data, network, hardware / system software) leadership in the hardware / software selection, design, development, deployment, and production support of new and existing applications
• Implement latest technology in Power Solution Architect team (Mobile, Cloud, Network and computing)
• Research and testing of new technologies including but not limited to Conversational UI, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Wearables, and Machine Learning.
• Development of "Proof of Concepts" for various emerging technologies
• Understanding and voicing security concerns for new technologies, conducting risk analysis for emerging technologies
• Collaborate with the solutions architecture, automation and operations teams to establish continuity between security, architecture, development and operations.
• Lean in to enable the use of cloud-native services from a variety of IaaS providers and platforms, such as AWS, Azure and CloudFoundry through a secure by design strategy
• Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding)
• Must submit your application for employment through ww.ge.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
• Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
EMPLOYMENT DATES: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer rotations to be staffed and defined as applicable
• University studies in progress in Computer Science, Business Information systems, IT or Engineering
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy to understand manner
• Geographic flexibility
• Strong development skills with experience in at least one modern programming language
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.