At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Software Designer that will be a solid contributor and leader. We use our engineering and expertise to build software and hardware tools that make the deployment of solar energy more efficient, at a lower cost, and higher performance.
The Software Developer position is located at the Lehi, Utah, and the position reports directly to the Director of Principle Engineering Development.
You'll change the world by...
- Using your technical skills, tools, languages, and architectures to design software in a team environment.
- Wireframe new features and templates and improvements to existing functionality.
- Create visual designs based on approved wireframes.
- Build prototypes of new features, templates and apps to demonstrate and test new designs.
- Participate in usability studies on existing and new applications.
- Continuously provide usability design improvement recommendations based on industry best practices, observed user behavior and site/app analytics.
You'll do that with your...
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Strong awareness of common usability methods and principles
- A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural inclination towards simplification over complication
- Ability to iterate on a single design within an agile framework
- Proficient in a variety of design tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Knowledge of the best practices for interaction design for cross-platform devices and applications.
- Portfolio demonstrating your work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions
- Please provide portfolio of work samples.
You'll know you're ready if you have...
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interface Design or on-the job equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience designing user experiences for mobile apps, mobile and desktop web, or experience in visual or interaction designer.
- Experience with designing mobile and responsive products
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.