IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Junior Visual Designer works within a tight-knit team producing a wide variety of educational and training programs for a diverse audience within IBM. An online portfolio of your work is required with your submission.Responsibilities
The Junior Visual Designer is responsible for implementing layouts, creating visual assets, diagrams, animations, and video that clearly communicate complex concepts while maintaining IBM branding standards.
• Undergraduate degree in graphic or visual design
• Exceptional typographic and layout skills
• Experience with the Mac platform, and proficiency with applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint or Keynote, Word, and Excel
• You are available to work within our state-of-the-art Baton Rouge Client Innovation Center Ideal candidates have experience with one or more of the following:
• Understanding of user experience design principles
• Video/Audio production with applications such as Adobe Premier, After Effects, or similar applications
• Understanding of the capabilities of HTML, CSS, Java, etc.
• Design/implementation of branding systems
• Creating compelling storyboards
• Presentation design with applications such as Powerpoint or Keynote
• Design of print materials with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar
• Digital photography/video
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance, and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!GBSCICBR - Baton Rouge