We are seeking an entry level software engineer to work with the Firmware and Driver development team. The candidate will work to develop, debug & maintain all aspects of the Linux environment SW for the state of the art digital lithography tool.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* U-Boot, Linux kernel & driver feature design, development, enhancement,
* Root cause analysis and resolution of U-Boot, kernel, driver related issues.
* Develop Linux OS Install/Upgrade/Diagnostic tools, test shell/python scripts.
* Collaborate with FPGA engineers for board bring-up, low-level kernel/driver
development, and hardware validation of new designs
* Review PCB board schematics to identify software concerns
* Collecting requirements and proposing design alternatives.
* Designing and implementing solutions.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related area.
* 1 or 2 years of relevant experience desired (but not mandatory).
* An understanding of OS/Linux Kernel internals, Device driver, and experience in
developing SW in Linux environment
* Deep knowledge of C, familiarity with C , exposure to Shell/Python scripting.
* An understanding of bus interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART, AXI, AHB, PCI/PCIe, etc.
* Exposure to and understanding of ARM/Intel processor architectures.
* Exposure to SW development in FPGA environment.
* Familiarity with Source code management (GIT, SVN, CVS)
* Self-motivated, ability to work in team environment, and excellent communication
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.