Role Description: Key Account Director Role Overview
The Oracle Key Account Director owns overall leadership for an Oracle Key Account (one of Oracle's top revenue producing and market leading accounts), across all products, services and support on a worldwide basis. The Key Account Director (KAD) is the day-to-day senior Oracle executive responsible for success at the Key Account, defined as above average revenue growth and increased customer satisfaction. The KAD is chartered to develop and drive execution of a multi-year strategic plan. The KAD is also responsible for worldwide communication inside the Oracle global organization as well as all organizations within the Key Account. The KAD must develop deep customer knowledge and then align all Oracle activities to the customer initiatives and transformations. Job Description
The KAD is Oracle's primary point of contact for the customer and is responsible for overall account revenue growth and improved customer satisfaction by managing key relationships and ensuring the customer achieves value from Oracle solutions. Key responsibilities include the development & active management of the account strategy, alignment and management of the extended sales team, tracking and communicating progress, and growing Oracle's revenues across the full breadth of Oracle products/ solutions for the Key Account. Key objectives of this job include:
- Grow Oracle's mindshare, cross-pillar revenue, and share of wallet with the Key Account.
- Understand the Key Account business requirements and develop "tailored" Oracle solutions.
- Introduce the Key Account to Oracle solutions & products that match known and potential business needs.
- Successfully establish the Key Account as a positive Reference Account.
- Demonstrate measurable progress towards an "Oracle First" relationship.
- Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic plan for the Key Account to meet or exceed customer objectives and Oracle sales goals. Revise the plan to match changing key account priorities.
- Direct the Oracle team in execution of the plan.
- Manage the interaction between the Key Account and Oracle personnel (including all sales, product specialists, consulting, support, channels and corporate functions) to ensure effective alignment, communications, and reporting.
- Articulate both Oracle and Key Account value propositions to C-level management within both Oracle and the Key Account.
- Gain agreement with Customer around key work streams aligned with their business initiatives and transformations.
- Create a quarterly business review cadence with KA Sponsors to track our progress against the joint workplan and and other interactions.
- Maintain regular communications with the worldwide core sales team and extended worldwide account team across all relevant Oracle pillars and divisions, through regular team calls and online collaboration.
- Facilitate regular progress meetings with key customer executives and sponsors to validate our progress and plans.
- Obtain input and participation from the assigned Oracle Executive Sponsor for the key account on a regular, scheduled basis.
- Build relationships with the customer's executive team, earning a reputation as one of the Customer's trusted business advisors.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and thorough understanding of the customer's business, organization, strategy and financial position.
- Demonstrate value- and trust-based selling skills with a deep understanding of the customer's needs and Oracle's capabilities.
- Navigate Oracle to identify, acquire and coordinate a team of critical resources needed to address customer needs.
- Integrate Oracle in front of the customer providing a "one face, one Oracle" strategy for the customer.
- Understand Oracle's strategies and how these translate into solutions that address customer needs.
- Manage and develop a team of sales representatives.
- Sell and promote the sale of Oracle products including contract negotiation.
- Generate and achieve accurate monthly forecasts.
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with the key account sales team.
- Lead and influence across a geographically dispersed team direct reporting lines.
- Lead and influence C-level executives of Oracle Key Accounts.
- Attention to Detail
- Follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- Concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrate business acumen to establish authority, gain confidence, and build trust through understanding the Key Account's business strategies and industry trends.
- Communication skills
- Clearly express complex ideas, both in writing and verbally, to any audience.
- Anticipate and respond to reactions, attitudes, and views of individuals and groups.
- Conflict Management
- Use a win-win approach to resolve controversy.
- Demonstrate objectivity and fairness when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Exhibit sound judgment and a realistic understanding of issues in problem solving.
- Review facts, weigh options, and use logic when dealing with emotional topics.
- Influence and Persuasion
- Express ideas and options with tact and credibility, even to authority figures.
- Maintain confidences.
- Foster an ethical work environment.
- Prevent and curtail inappropriate behavior by coworkers.
- Give proper credit to others.
- Handle all situations honestly.
- Share due credit with coworkers.
- Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly working environment.
- Work closely with other departments as necessary.
- Supports group decision and solicit opinions from coworkers.
- Understand the decision process and stakeholders.
- Earn trust while working out a deal.
- Communicate the high value of services.
- Global Citizen
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of other cultures, languages, and business practices.
- Relationship Management
- Develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings.
- Build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
- Develop and maintain significant high-level customer executive relationships.
- Creates healthy tension with customer through providing insights about their business and opportunities for engaging with Oracle
- Educates the customer on industry trends and practices adopted by peer organizations
- Problem Solving
- Can solve even the toughest and most complex problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to create the best conclusion and solution; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Able to come up with the next great breakthrough; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures with or without all of the data.
- Reframes & Challenges the way the customer views their business
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice-to-have and the trivial; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value.
- I s well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at leveraging multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to achieve objective; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Manages Effectively across Organizational Boundaries
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Effect Work Management
- Can design effective processes, workflows, and solutions; good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; can quickly diagnose and fix issues; always looking for incremental process improvement.
- Escalation Management
- Fearlessly takes on all issues, challenges, and people; comfortably works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with problems; lets everyone know where they stand; is energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make negative decisions and take tough action; challenges the status quo.
- Action and Outcome Oriented
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom-line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives everything to finish.
- Organizational Awareness
- Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get resources; politically aware and agile; knows the right thing to do.
- Communicates Effectively
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Manages Diverse Relationships
- Relates well to a wide variety of styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably.
- Inspires Others
- Motivates individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams.
- Acts with Honor and Character
- Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; deals and talks straight; direct and truthful but can keep confidences.
- Open and Receptive
- At ease and relaxed; easy to talk to and get to know; listens attentively; is an open book; has a positive sense of humor; deals calmly with stress and gives people a chance to catch up.
- Personal Flexibility
- Open to lifelong, continuous personal improvement; aware of self and impact on others; responsive to feedback; is very flexible; can act in ways that seem contradictory and is adaptable to demand characteristics of different situations.
- 10 years selling and account relationship management experience with major accounts.
- 10 years selling hardware and/or software.
- Track record of revenue target achievement.
- Track record of strategic plan development and execution.
- Cross-LOB team management experience - international team management is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a relevant field. Masters degree is a plus.
Responsible for providing leadership to the sales and account management processes and growing Oracle's revenues associated with the full breadth of Oracle products/ solutions for an assigned Key Account. The job represents a balanced customer relationship management effort involving sales and account management skills, product knowledge/problem-solving/solution skills, and direction of all other and necessary Oracle specialized resources assigned to the Key Account.
Owns overall Oracle leadership across all products, services and support to an Oracle Key Account (one of Oracle's 150 to 200 top revenue producing and market leading accounts on a world-wide basis). Is the day to day senior Oracle executive business resource assigned to the Key Account. Is chartered to facilitate and own the overall account and opportunity planning process and its execution for the Key Account. Is also responsible for the Oracle communication inside our global organization and across all organizations and lines of business withing the Key Account. The key objectives of the Strategic Account Rep are to develop deep customer knowledge and influence through forging executive relationships across all Oracle lines of business, increasing Oracle's reputation as a proven partner, increasing customer satisfaction and Oracle revenues and footprint within the Key Account
History and track record of achievement of revenue objectives. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business/account plans. Demonstrated ability to work with accounts' senior management and across functions within customer organizations to gain commitment, obtain resources and achieve desired results. Excellent presentation skills. Experience of team management. Cross LOB/BU or international team management experience a plus. Strong team building skills and ability to resolve conflict situations. Preferred BS or BA degree in business. Masters degree is a plus. 10 years selling and account relationship management experience with major account.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.