Essential Duties & Responsibilities
BioSurgery Key Account Managers (KAM) sells products used to promote on label hemostasis and sealing in assigned geography. KAMs primary focus (80% of time) is to develop trusting relationships with customers where growth opportunity exists and ensures that they do not turn to competition. The secondary focus (20% of time) will be to expand existing relationships with customers by continuously proposing on label solutions that meet customer and business objectives
The Advanced Surgery Key Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying key thought leaders in hospitals with growth opportunity, targeting and establishing effective relationships with these influential customers including surgeons, nurse's operating room staff and hospital administration.
- Acquires a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements and leverages this knowledge along with sales data/analytics, competitor and market knowledge to develop effective sales strategies that drive product portfolio growth within their territory.
- Maintains deep understanding on all surgical specialties and products in the portfolio, can recognize in the OR when products can be utilized and is responsible for keeping current with patient applications and product indications.
- Calls on prospective customers , providing technical product information and/or product demonstrations in the surgical suite to include: in-servicing, educational presentations and heart labs for on label indications.
- Understands the BioSurgery contracting process and offers suggestions to HBM and RM on how to strategically implement and drive new business.
- Partner with HBMs to ensure clinical knowledge is leveraged during contracting process, striving to create an increased demand for product.
- Successfully networks with key internal and external resources and leverages tools, such as HEOR team, vital edge, SFDC, Hemovision, (peer to peer HCP Consultants etc.
- Provides feedback regarding product simplification and standardization to enhance profitability of sales line. Acts as a field advisor to non-sales functions on customer needs, internal process improvements and competitive environment.
- Work closely and communicate with Regional Managers, Territory Business Managers, and Hospital Business Managers with the same account responsibilities to increase penetration of products in accounts.
- Provides mentoring to other representatives on growth opportunities and shares best practices with teammates.
- Effectively transitions client relationships to the TBM or AR once customer is on-boarded and established so that TBM or AR can maintain business.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Individuals must live within the current geography or be willing to relocate to it.
- Up to 50% Travel required
- The successful candidate should have deep demonstrated sales experience in multiple specialties with a focus in Cardiac, Spine, GYN, and General Surgery. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology is required.
- Must have demonstrated prior top sales performance for multiple years.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Defines success in terms of the whole organization; can develop vertical and horizontal internal and external relationships; willing to participate & contribute to efforts beyond own scope of responsibilities; seeks and gives feedback and input
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 7 years of relevant medical device/healthcare sales experience within an operating room environment.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U)
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.