Job Function and Description
Responsible for executing strategic objectives that position Shire as a key partner in the Ophthalmics Communiy with the purpose to enhance patient outcomes:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Create key customer plans to achieve goals and objectives for continued value added partnerships.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care and customer knowledge to accomplish account objectives.
- Plan and implement effective professional education programs.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with identified customers as well as the Ophthalmics community, with a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions
- Plan, organize and deliver effective and approved presentations of Shire's offerings to increase understanding and acceptance
- Plan and execute strategic plans/programs consistently, utilizing approved tactics in advancing education, key company messages and sales
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance and Business Conduct
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
- High clinical acumen in Eye Care required
- Requires experience either in the healthcare field or in strategic new business development; candidates with both experiences are preferred.
- Five or more years of specialty pharmaceutical experience in Eye Care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare corporations and operations (e.g. individual delivery networks, integrated health systems, large provider groups) and commercial managed care; experience selling within high volume, complex large practices.