GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Power Conversion
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world's energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Key Account Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
All US locations
The Key Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the strategy, long term plan and commercial aspects, including sales for key accounts.
He/she will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team, including similar roles covering other Products/ segments and also supporting functions, as part of a structure dedicated to the Key Account and its scope will cover the Energy Management portfolio, with a specific focus on Power Conversion - Low Voltage Motors businesses.
As the Key Account Manager, you will:
* Lead all aspects of account growth, including strategy development,
integrated account planning, opportunity identification, value
communication, key issue resolution and NPI
* Maintain a pipeline of high-value sales opportunities by building strategic working relationships with C-level Executives and other key decision makers
* Be responsible for entire operating plan of account including orders, sales, margin, cash and Past Dues management, if any; define entitlement & identify areas to penetrate and grow profitability
* Achieve or exceed sales operating plan on a consistent and predictable basis.
Participate in the development, presentation, and sale of a value proposition.
* Promote new products and plan and execute technical sessions so the key decision makers on the technical and commercial side have the appropriate knowledge of GE EM's offerings, in products, services and solutions.
* Collaborate with internal teams including Product Management, Technology, Marketing, Commercial Services and IT to understand and fulfill customer needs.
* Partner closely with other GE businesses to develop sales opportunities.
* Negotiate pricing and assist in development of contractual agreements to close the sale., or long term frame agreements
* Leverage technology (i.e. SalesForce.com) to manage leads, track results, communicate targets, status, and engagement plans to leadership and other internal teams.
* Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new applications, services, and/or processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
* Identify, understand, and communicate to GE PC's segment the customers` key expectations, from both project specific and their business needs in general
* Understand the different roles and participants from the customer or EPC side, identifying supporters, detractors, influencers and decision makers.
* Work effectively in a team environment with Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Engineering, Finance, Service and Project management to ensure the most efficient use of all resources
* Be accountable for orders, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, Past Dues, and customer satisfaction
* Participate in and support trade shows, conferences, and other market development activities, including maintaining knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base
* Work with Marketing and Product Leadership to develop new products and services for business growth
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the Energy / Oil & Gas Industry
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in direct sales, account or team leadership experience, for new equipment and services
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Business from an accredited college or university
* Master's Degree in Business Administration
* Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations
* Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations
* Consistent track record of meeting performance objectives
* Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others
* Ability and track record to effectively deliver results in a multi-functional matrix organization
* Develop and maintain customer relationships at the CEO staff level and at least the next two levels down.
* Strategic and/or product marketing exposure.
* Energy / Oil & Gas industry understanding and specific expertise in upstream & downstream sectors and related products and processes.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
* Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solution
* Current knowledge and understanding of the customer
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.