Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Key Account Manager III - Seed Technology, are to:
Who you are
- Provide headquarter account management or oversight for seed company licensees who have a headquarters in assigned geography;
- Lead Bayer trait business plan development, including resource deployment, with assigned seed company licensee management;
- Ensure seed company compliance with reporting and license requirements;
- Execution of trait sales and marketing strategy in assigned accounts/geography through understanding which licensee seed companies sell into that geography and how best to coordinate their marketing initiatives with Bayer personnel to most effectively drive demand;
- Interact with key licensee personnel and Bayer District Managers to ensure alignment between business plan objectives, marketing program requirements and tactical execution;
- Lead trait sales & marketing plan execution with key seed company personnel, Bayer Key Account Manager's (KAM's) and Bayer field representatives;
- Engage seed sellers as primary Bayer product expert, to provide technical and sales support for internal sales training meetings, customer meetings, sales calls, field days, etc.;
- Provide input for trait strategy development to management;
- Maximize revenue from trait royalties associated with Bayer traits in third party licensee brands;
- Enhance customer satisfaction with Bayer and Bayer products through strong strategic account management, effective product placement, and implementation of best management practices;
- Insure licensee seed account compliance with license terms for Bayer traits.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science;
- 10 years' experience in Agriculture Sales or Marketing;
- Experience in the seed/trait business;
- Strong negotiator;
- Field marketer who can analyze a strategic account, local markets and lead execution of plans;
- Excellent oral and written communication (including presentation) skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and social skills for the development of solid internal and external network contacts.
Domestic Relocation assistance is offered for this position. Your application
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.