At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Key Account Manager for the Military Aerospace located in Maplewood, MN or Dallas, TX. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The 3M Aerospace Key Account Leader is responsible for 3M's business performance and relationships with key Military and Defense customers in the Aerospace market.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for attainment of the Sales & Operating Income plan.
- Responsible for developing & executing sales strategies and tactics to improve account penetration.
- Develop a robust hopper of new sales & specification opportunities, including new product sales
- Optimize portfolio / product mix
- Lead and develop the Global Cross-Functional Team for key accounts such as Lockheed Martin.
- Team building, team skills development and resource management.
- Successfully establish and maintain a transparent and collaborative team environment.
- Develop & strengthen customer relationships to increase 3M brand strength and customer loyalty.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and loyalty with 3M Company.
- Consult with Division leadership to connect 3M to all levels and critical functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills with customers and 3M global stakeholders.
- Negotiate product, pricing, supply contracts, growth programs, etc. between customers and 3M
- Accurate tracking of 3M Sales to major military OEM's and their tier suppliers.
- Strong use of the Sales Force / 3M CRM Tools
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of combined experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Business Management
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/Tier sales
- Master's degree or higher in business administration, sales and / or marketing disciplines.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering.
- Multiple language capability (written or oral) are desired
- Five (5) years or more experience in Aerospace / Transportation sales and marketing is preferred
- Three (3) years or more experience in global key account management is preferred
- Aerospace industry knowledge; including OEM product life cycle management and commercialization processes including 3M New Product commercialization.
- Successful change management experience
- Experience in team building, coaching, teaching and organizational design.
- Previous success in selling technical products across multiple market segments
- Ability to sell across the entire value chain (from executives to factory floor).
- Strong business acumen and proven ability in managing large, complex OEM customer relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and use of qualitative and quantitative based decision making tools.
- Operational excellence.
- Experience in commercialization of new products and business development in adjacent spaces
- Aerospace and Military market and processes understanding
- Technical acumen
- Analytics across key functional (marketing, supply chain, LSS, quality...)
- Problem solving, critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to navigate in complex / multi-cultural environments.
- Ability to communicate well in written and spoken English.
Location: Maplewood, MN or Dallas, TX
Sales Territory: Global Sales/Account Responsibility
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized within country per 3M relocation policy
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.