Job Function and Description
Responsible for executing strategic objectives that position Shire as a key partner in the Ophthalmics Community with the purpose to enhance patient outcomes:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Create key customer plans to achieve goals and objectives for continued value added partnerships.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care and customer knowledge to accomplish account objectives.
- Plan and implement effective professional education programs.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with identified customers as well as the Ophthalmics community, with a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions
- Plan, organize and deliver effective and approved presentations of Shire's offerings to increase understanding and acceptance
- Plan and execute strategic plans/programs consistently, utilizing approved tactics in advancing education, key company messages and sales
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance and Business Conduct
- Key Account Manager position could include Targeted accounts in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. Ideal locations for the Key Account Management candidate to live include New Orleans, Shreveport, Jackson, Little Rock or Oklahoma City areas.
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
- High clinical acumen in Eye Care required
- Requires experience either in the healthcare field or in strategic new business development; candidates with both experiences are preferred.
- Five or more years of specialty pharmaceutical experience in Eye Care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare corporations and operations (e.g. individual delivery networks, integrated health systems, large provider groups) and commercial managed care; experience selling within high volume, complex large practices.