More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is the liaison between Takeda and strategic prioritized regional accounts including, but not limited to, infusion clinics, GI practices, academic institutions, hospitals, teaching institutions, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Independent Delivery Networks (IDNs), Integrated Health Systems (IHSs), employers and other key potential customers as appropriate based on Takeda's expanding portfolio. KAMs are responsible for developing and executing business plans aligned with corporate objectives, and supporting US Business Unit (USBU) products within their assigned accounts in alignment with those objectives.ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical account planning, such as uncovering needs, stakeholder / influence mapping, identifying / prioritizing business goals, helping define value propositions, delivering value propositions developed in collaboration with marketing and managed market teams, developing tactical plans, etc.
- Gain access for specialty products in accounts, in terms of formulary access, as well as protocol access (inclusion of specialty products in clinical/prescriber protocols and clinical pathways), if applicable
- Conduct account management at larger outlets, and assist with on-going service and support as needed
- Engage with applicable stakeholders to deliver and help execute new contracts or address any updates to provider contracts for specialty product
- Develops relationships with Executive Level, Operations, Financial, and Pharmacy based customers in priority accounts. Calls on key stakeholders to position Takeda's products and to ensure effective supply, and support of Takeda's product portfolio.
- Develops relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and leveraging relationships with clinical experts to apply at account levels to educate and inform therapeutic processes and protocols at an institution level.
- Identify the key stakeholders within each account as well as their respective needs and priorities and build relationships through out the organization.
- Responsible for developing cross functional business plans as well as launching business development initiatives and strategies for large volume/high volume Accounts.
- Attains sales goals and objectives by delivering Business Objectives and prescriber growth, as well as other key metrics in the assigned Territory. Utilize discretion and judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may be Key Medical Policy, Operations, Pharmacy, Practice Guideline and Clinical decision makers, as well as any critical support staff within a specific geographic area.
- Develop and regularly evaluates account business plans to ensure they continue to meet strategic business objectives and align with emerging trends and changes within key customer segments or accounts. Prepare and present account business plans to management as appropriate.
- Continually assesses information related infusion economics, inventory management, reimbursement, procurements and deployment strategies and partners with internal and external experts to stay up-to-date on the latest access and reimbursement issues and trends at the local, regional and national level.
- Appropriately uses available tools and resources to monitor and evaluate industry/managed care trends and communicate relevant information to those who are impacted (i.e. Sales Forces, Leadership, and Managed Care Accounts)
- Works within established protocols to regularly communicate and deliver updates and status reports to cross function team and stakeholders in an effort to enhance the field sales force selling opportunities in their marketplace.
- Delivers approved messages encompassing accurate clinical, financial, outcomes, and operational issues. Strategically manages assigned accounts, budget and allocated resources provided yielding maximum effectiveness and impact.
- Act as an agent on behalf of assigned customer segment to the sales force to educate on relevant therapeutic account information. Collaborate with the Managed Markets team for their region to effectively communicate status updates on prioritized accounts
- Bachelors degree - BA/BS
- 5 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device, specialty or healthcare industry that included the following:
- Developing and executing business plans aligned with corporate objectives
- Launching business development initiatives and strategy for execution
- Advanced business skills in negotiation, strategy, presentation, analytics and teamwork
- Strong collaboration working within teams
- SSR and specialty training experience will be considered toward account management experience.
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Reside within or close proximity to assigned geography
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with injectable/infused IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disorder) products is preferred
- Account-based sales (e.g. hospital, health system, infusion centers and large group practice) experience
- Experience with buy & bill product selling/account management
- Understands payer access and reimbursement at assigned regional, state, and local levels
- Advanced business or scientific degree (MBA, MS, PharmD, etc.)
- Experience with managing and communicating complex reimbursement issues
- Experience with complex selling situations
- Biological product launch experience
- Experience in calling on Gastroenterologists
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Travel - 50%; some overnight travel required depending on geographic assignment
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.