Adecco staffing is helping a local Brown County company find a kitchen manager/ supervisor. If you have experience in a kitchen and would love to take the task of assuring that the kitchen, staff, and the banquet-hall runs smoothly on a day to basis, this might be the job for you! This is opening is located in the rolling hills of Brown County. You will be working in a lovely woodsy environment and will be cooking and serving locals and tourist on a day to day basis. You will be supervising the staffing, assuring that the restaurant runs smoothly, and planning for the day to day.
-Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
-Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Perform food preparation and serving duties, such as carving meat, preparing flambe dishes, or serving wine and liquor.
- Record production, operational, and personnel data on specified forms.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and arrange for repairs.
Requires repetitive movement, Requires walking and running, Requires consistent lifting of at least 5 lbs and up to 25lbs. Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, Requires bending or twisting, Requires standing, Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, Requires writing letters and memos, Requires telephone conversations, Requires competition or awareness of competitive pressures, Includes conflict situations, Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people, Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable, Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization, Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company, Opportunity to make decisions without supervision, Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over, Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals, Requires being exact or highly accurate, Requires meeting strict deadlines, Requires work with others in a group or team, Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities, Requires work with external customers or the public, Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results, Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment, Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people, Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
-Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources
- Training and Teaching Others
- Developing and Building Teams
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Plan menus
- provide customer service
- maintain production or work records
- coordinate banquets, meetings or related events
- modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines
- assign work to staff or employees
- oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards
- resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems
- resolve customer or public complaints
- inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance
- monitor worker performance
- Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation
- Direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- greet customers, guests, visitors, or passengers
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies
A leader of a kitchen will need the ability to relay information, have great communication skills, and have the ability to use active listening. You will be communicating with staff, the hotel, customers, and vendors on a day to day basis. You will need to problem solve, distribute tasks, treat employees fairly, handle customer service, and assure that the kitchen is on task.
Running a kitchen you will need some basic computer, math, inventory, and reasoning skills. You will be responsible for any data that needs to be kept, hours that need to be processed for employees, inventory, ordering, table settings, cash handling, bank drops, and any other tasks that will need to be implemented to run a kitchen and dining hall.
Being a manager you will need to deal with all personnel issues and pleasantries. You will need to have the ability to communicate with the staff about any issues on the floor, customer service, disciplinary actions, awards, or what ever management style that you plan to implement.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
-Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
APPLY NOW If you are interested in learning more about the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.