Recognized as a knowledge management expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Evangelize and partner with business units and regions to train, deploy, and drive adoption of knowledge management solutions.
- Negotiate with customers to design solutions to address complex cross functional needs. Identifies and recommend industry BKM's for integrated solution design and standards; Keeps abreast of technologies in the market and oversees new technology evaluations; Works with multiple vendors for high quality resources and competitiveness
- Ensuring tight alignment and integration within other areas of the IT organizations (security, infrastructure, etc.)
- Ability to push back on the business for scenarios that are not optimal and guide them enterprise level / non-silo solutions.
- Oversee software application configuration and/or coding. Develops testing and data conversion strategy and approach and oversees testing preparation and execution and data conversions. Supervises work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance.
- Manages the lifecycle of IT services/applications recommending patching, point releases and major upgrades.
- Oversees support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Oversees IT outsourced service ensuring service levels are achieved at effective cost.
- Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
- Mentors and trains solutions development personnel. Is recognized as a subject matter expert in application functionality and IT solution development.
- Willingness to learn new technologies (ex. Cloud based software solutions) that address and solve business high value problems.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in the Knowledge Management domain
- Domain knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 collaboration suite of applications (OneDrive, SharePoint, Groups, Teams, Videos, etc.)
- General IT domain knowledge
- Semiconductor equipment domain knowledge
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Bachelor's Degree Experience:
7 - 10 Years
- Must have experience:
- Proven track record of driving change and adoption on complex programs
- Proven ability to lead a team to the optimal solution: balancing business needs, total cost of ownership requirements and ability to execute to project milestones.
- Highly desired:
- Prior implementation of knowledge management projects
- Preferred experience:
- Experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.