The Writer (2) is responsible for contributing to the development and publication of timely and accurate content for knowledge content services (quick reference guides, instructions, technical documents, playbooks/manuals) and non-facilitated learning (newsletters, articles, blogs, website content). He/She enables the success of internal stakeholders by helping them quickly acquire the knowledge they need to successful perform their assigned roles. The Writer (2) takes content from a variety different functional groups across Charter to synthesize and produce written content that is simple, easy to understand, and interesting to read.
The Writer (2) supports other team members and the design teams by providing copy editing and peer reviews of learning interation content. He/She will collaborate with the Learning Experience team to ensure internal standards and design principles are incorporated into the review process for consistency and accuracy. The Writer (2) performs research within the organization to fact check content accuracy and to provide the most up to date information as well as to fix any grammatical mistakes or potentially libelous material. He/She will track changes made and provide a walk through for the team members to understand all changes for future work efforts.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with managers, team members and subject matter experts to create written content to design specifications. Maintain notes and audio recordings as necessary to cross reference and maintain content integrity. Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail.
Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding of the learning content.
Maintain familiarity and adherence with the design principles, the role responsibilities and defined standards within Customer Operations L&D, in order to have a baseline for all learning assets and ensure consistency for the role(s), thereby increasing potential for re-use and standardization.
Work in a variety of content management systems with an ability to translate content into effective outputs. Utilize technical skills and technologies (online learning platforms) to produce the appropriate outputs with tracking, accuracy, and fast turnaround times. Peer review, copy edits, and produces content to accuracy standards (e.g., grammar, punctuation, spelling). Ensures content is written with o
ne-voice across platforms and media. Actively and consistently provide review, editing, and tracking of all training interactions, as a final reviewer of learning content before it goes live.
Gather usability feedback from internal stakeholders/learners to enhance and improve outputs. Proactively identify content for update when new issues or changes arise.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Mastery of the English language, writing standards and attention to details
- The ability to write with a passion for the job capable of both informing and engaging employees in their individual roles
- Demontrated portfolio of published content, articles or relevant material
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively to extract key information to complete assignments and to understand the design team requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and deliver against multiple assignments to meet deadlines and fast turnaround times
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with writing tools (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Ability to work effectively on virtual teams and accommodate time zone differences
- Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
- Ability to flex and adapt by managing and posting outputs into a variety of content management systems
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Web Design or related experience/certificationsRelated Work Experience Number of Years
Externship/Internship Writing or Copy Editing 2-5WORKING CONDITIONS