We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a passion for building high quality and user-friendly software. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at L2, you will work collaboratively to create and support rich interactive web applications that help our internal users manage their data and research process. As a member of our team you will enter a fast-paced, challenging environment with the potential to make a large impact on the organization. About us:
- We believe in tackling difficult questions/problems as a team in order to get to the best solution and we don’t hesitate to change our approach when a better idea is on the table.
- We practice code reviews and pair programming and are a team that takes pride in seeing our work through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs and iterating.
- We are a cross-functional team of engineers (front-end, back-end, full-stack, and data), product managers and data scientists
Our current tech stack includes:
- ReactJS ES6 with Redux and Babel/Webpack
- CSS Modules and Sass E xpress/NodeJS back-end with several different database types including: PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redshift
- Python and AWS Lambda-based automated data pipeline system
We're looking for a passionate, creative Full Stack Engineer who is excited about solving new problems and has the ability to lead our Front End initiatives. This role is for someone who wants to build great web applications, work closely with product to define and shape what’s possible and work closely with our back end team to deliver these products to our internal clients. Job Requirements: Skills & Requirements:
We like to see (but not required):
- A design eye to be able to digest mockups, visualize UIs, and pick and visually customize components to fit the look of the application.
- Experience with modern web and application development practices: continuous integration, scrum or agile development, distributed version control systems, test-driven development, don’t repeat yourself (DRY) frameworks, automated deployment and provisioning.
- Strong communication skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a good communicator.
- Experience working in a startup or startup like company or environment.
- Active Github, Bitbucket, StackOverflow profile.
- A leader interested in mentoring and managing junior engineers.
- Any open source code or example projects that you're proud of.
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software.
- Ability to manage very execution-oriented work while also having a point of view on strategic topics.
- Entrepreneurial —We are moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change.
- Data Lover —You enjoy working with large data sets, and are always thinking about how to tackle/solve/simplify data related problems.
- Innovative —We are constantly looking to make ourselves better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way.
- Quick Learner —Things move quickly here and we want folks who thrive on learning new technologies and easily adapt to meet the needs of our evolving business needs
- A doer —Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done.
- Versatility —Must be someone who understands how all the pieces fit together (front-end, back-end, database, etc.).
- Team player —Must have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers.
Job ID 00014822
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.