Supply Chain for North America Row Crops is seeking candidates for an open Lab Analyst
position located in Muscatine, Iowa. This is a laboratory position that supports production units in a chemical manufacturing facility. This position reports to the Area Advisor-Lab.Key Responsibilities:
- Performs analyses of raw materials, packaging materials, bulk, intermediate, and finished products
- Determines conformance to accepted specifications for a particular chemical or physical property, soliciting appropriate resources for follow up if non-conformance identified
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Performs troubleshooting and calibration of instruments
- Prepare reagents, solutions, and standards. Maintain instruments, and apparatus according to established procedures to support testing activities of the unit
- Interpret and modify chromatograms as well as integration appropriately
- Interpret results based on trends, specification limits, and comparison data
- Ability to conduct lab analyses and communicate with customers in a professional environment
- Identification of quality-critical issues and notification of appropriate personnel for resolution
- Communication with Central Lab staff identifying issues, efficiencies and best practices
- Effective communication with production areas
- Work with Chemists on special projects and method optimization
- Experience with GC, LC, NIR, and Mass Spec instrumentation
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Identifying optimization opportunities
- Identification of data trends through analysis
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related scientific field.
- Proficient in Windows-based programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Detail oriented
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related scientific field.
- 1+ year experience in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with Chromatography, LIMS, and CDS (Chromatography Data System)
Rotating shift work is required, as the Lab is staffed continuously 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This role is in a laboratory environment within a chemical manufacturing facility, and includes working around agricultural chemicals and laboratory equipment. This position requires the ability to stand, sit, and walk between various laboratory stations and equipment. This position also requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
DISCLAIMER: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.