McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking a Lab Cross Reference Analyst to join our team in Louisville, KY, Richmond, VA or Jacksonville, FL.
The Lab Cross Reference Analyst enables McKesson with the product data quality and product cross referencing necessary to perform a diverse scope of analyses. These include market competitiveness, quoting, customer conversion, customer penetration, cost and price analysis and identifying new areas for McKesson Brands private label product expansion. They will partner with McKesson Brand and Category Management to fill product gaps and to enhance current product conversions within the competitive arena. Additionally, this is a key support role in the customer quoting function and will partner with a variety of internal groups to enhance the quality of our cross references.
The purpose of the position is to ensure the integrity of critical cross reference data across multiple operating platforms. The position will have an emphasis on Labsco and Medical Surgical lab product and the clinical applications of those products. Specific efforts will involve providing cross-referencing content to different customer sets in support of profitability, efficiency, product penetration, promotions, acquisitions and competitive bidding initiatives.
- Executes internal lab cross referencing for product alternatives and supports requests from sales, category management and McKesson brands for this information. They will feed the conversion opportunity engine (COM Tool) with clinically approved cross references and audit existing cross reference data. They will also perform cleanup efforts for data quality improvement
- Conducts Product Cross Reference Review for McKesson Brands from our top competitors’ products. Analyzes market data to prioritize highest selling items and identifies product offering gaps, derive ASPs for compares and/or pulls in cost for compares if available
- Supports our quoting and acquisitions teams with tasks related to product cross referencing and product analysis
- Collaborates with the product information management (PIM) team in their design and standardization of product descriptive elements to meet comprehensive customer and business needs
- Develops the data lenses in our data quality application (Oracle PDQ) suite, maintaining rules engine to match and enhance the PIM team’s product descriptions and standardization in support of all of the above efforts
2+ years experience in product marketingCritical Skills
- 2+ years of experience in or in roles interfacing directly with product management
- 2+ years of experience in product related role within comparable industry, preferably Medical Surgical environment to include medical supply manufacturers, distributors, group-purchasing organizations or any other clinical setting
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel- pivots, VLOOKUP and Access)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of lab products
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- An intuitive, research oriented mindset
- Ability to work in an independent manner
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate via telephone, email, and/or written documentation
- Accuracy, timeliness and effective communication are imperative to the success of this position
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Working knowledge of company's products; ability to collect and analyze dataEducation
4-year degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
A little about us:
McKesson is in business for better health.