a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a LAB MANAGER
position open at our Atlanta, GA Plant
. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for gas chromatography, FTIR, and process analytical testing of raw materials and finished goods. Specific duties include: Supervising laboratory personnel in accordance with Airgas corporate Human Resource policies. Ensuring compliance with ISO/IEC 17025:1999. Ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2000. Enforcing quality and safety policies within the laboratory. Serve as Technical Manager for the laboratory and provide technical assistance to plant personnel as necessary. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with all Company and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing, repackaging, and analysis of compressed and liquid gases into Specialty Gas products.
- Operate and safely maintain the high-pressure gas repackaging plant while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies (SMS), procedures, regulations and laws.
- Conduct periodic checks of fill plant for safe and efficient operation
- Manage the scheduling of all products within the Production Planning Module (PPM).
- Drive compliance to meet all Specialty, Medical, and Food Gas SOP/ISO compliance.
- Manage and maintain facility gauges, thermometers, weights, scales, and analytical equipment for proper calibrations and operation
- Manage the Corrective Action Tracking System (CATS) for timely resolution to customers.
- Manage and maintain proper specialty gas inventory levels.
- Cylinder handling including: filling, painting, sorting, and analysis.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Back up as needed and where qualified as directed by immediate supervisor or higher-level management.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1 - 2 years industry experience and training.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Experience managing a production/lab staff in an ISO or FDA production environment.
- Working knowledge of planning and blending mixtures.
- Computer experience in a computerized office environment.
- Must have strong math skills; ability to calculate figures and units of measure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Analytic ability demonstrated by working knowledge of gas chromatography using FID, TCD, detectors, non-dispersive infrared and component-specific analyzers for analysis of gaseous samples Experience in the HVAC or plumbing industry with hands on welding/brazing skill a plus
- Thorough knowledge of manometric and gravimetric gas blending procedures, and working knowledge of laws of Partial Pressure.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite
- Ability to perform very heavy work -- routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 degrees.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to operate in a drug- and alcohol- free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.