Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lab Services Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Lab Services Leader, you will support the Performance Testing Organization and serve as the primary contact for instrumentation requirements between the lead performance test engineers and the calibration / fulfillment lab for all on-site performance testing projects.
This role reports into the Performance Calibration Lab manager and you will be responsible for ensuring proper instrumentation coverage of all active projects while providing active inventory management of over 5,000 serialized instruments globally.
As the Lab Services Leader, you will
• Drive business critical metrics including safety, quality assurance, quality control, on time deliverables and productivity
• Develop, coordinate, prioritize, lead and execute daily order fulfillment plans for calibration technicians as well as for other lab personnel directly related to fulfilling on orders
• Demand, exercise and promote strict adherence to applicable business management tools, systems and processes design to manage / control active inventory, work order progress and overall on time fulfillment of orders
• Oversee inventory management activities including lifecycle management of capital P&E as well as consumable inventory levels
• Be responsible for establishing and maintaining a proactive approach to modernization of aging fleet
• Work with Supply Chain Leader and Logistics Leader to coordinate site-to-site transfer of equipment
• Attend scheduling meetings of the Performance Testing Org to understand dynamic nature of project demands and changing instrumentation requirements
• Work with cross-business and cross-functional peers in engineering, technical operations, quality and management to address quality issues and field complaints and assist in resolution of issues
• Assist Supply Chain/Quality Lead with appropriate billing for lost / missing
• Assist Lead Metrologist and Supply Chain / Quality Lead with NPI and NTI initiatives
• Support Lab Manager by fulfilling additional responsibilities as required
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University OR a High School Diploma / GED with Minimum of 5 years of experience in the production or services environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Field Testing experience of industrial equipment
• Intimate knowledge of temperature, pressure, electrical instrumentation and data acquisition systems
• Familiarity with a variety of turbine performance testing concepts, practices and procedures
• Familiarity with data bases and other web based applications commonly used for inventory management
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude in adapting to ever changing schedules and global demands
• Proven leadership skills, particularly in a production or service environment
• Desire to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to plan, communicate, and execute
• Strong computer skills and very familiar with Excel and other Office products
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.