At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Responsible for performing calibration, testing, test set up, data collection and/or data analysis using industry recognized methodologies under direct supervision in support of the Lab Tech team. This is an entry level position that is required to learn and become proficient in calibration, testing, test set up, data collection and/or data analysis based on a combination of on the job experience and written instructions. This position will obtain ANSI N45. 2. 6 Level I certification for calibration and/or test and analaysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Set up test equipment, obtain, analyze, and record test data. Maintain accurate records of calibrations, testing and analytic work performed including required traceability on equipment utilized.
- Maintains and calibrates testing and analytical equipment
- Assists in developing new methods and procedures as assigned.
- Progress toward ANSI N45. 2. 6 Level II Lab Technician
- High School degree
- Scientific aptitude, good math and computer skills. Ability to gain access to Exelon Nuclear Stations
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Nuclear plant experience or Radiation protection experience
- Metrology or related education via VoTech, military or associate degree in technical area
- This position performs calibration of scientific instrumentation or measurement and test equipment, including the development of calibration protocols. This position will conduct electrical, mechanical or material testing procedures and will assist in the development of such protocols.
- Consistently demonstrate safe behaviors such as use of safety surveys, PPE, verifying rating and condition of equipment, etc. Aptitude to follow test plans safely and produce quality test results.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster