At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Responsible for performing all levels of calibrations, tests, test setups, data collection and/or data analysis using recognized methodologies based upon a combination of experience and written instructions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops and maintains proficiency in one or more complex tests, analysis or calibration methodologies as assigned. Develops sound conclusions and writes reports of project results.
- Maintains accurate records of calibrations, testing and analytical work performed including required traceability on equipment utilized. Computes, analyzes and records test data
- Interacts with vendors on technical problems relating to assigned work
- Make recommendations or improvements on procurement of components, systems, spare parts, portable test equipment requirements, work scheduling, training, etc.
- Performs other team tasks when assigned.
- Performs corrective or routine maintenance duties to, test, repair and calibrate instruments including cleaning and replacing components of circuits.
- Associates degree, or 60 credits toward a BS degree in a technical field, or PMEL training (no experience required), or a high school degree plus four years of relevant experience
- ANSI N45. 2. 6 Level 2 certification (Testing and Analysis)
- Demonstrated aptitude in: chemical, electrical, mechanical or metallurgical testing, analysis or calibrations or basic engineering principles
- Ability to gain unescorted access to Exelon Nuclear Stations
- Meet additional assessment criteria
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Nuclear plant experience or Radiation protection experience
- Metrology or related education via VoTech, military or associate degree in technical area
- Technician work activities will encompass one or more of the following activities: performs calibration scientific or uses scientific instruments or measurement and test equipment, including the development of calibration protocols; conduct electrical, mechanical or material testing protocols, including the development of such protocols.
Additional Assessment Criteria include, at least 3 years or equivalent satisfactory performance in Lab Tech I role in addition to the following:
- Fully Participated in an Onsite Calibration Event and have understanding of the process.
- Make a substantive revision to an existing procedure
- Understand the format process and revise a Format
- Understand the repair process (Evaluation, Estimation, etc') and utilize the repair module on a regular basis.
- Have experience in the Hot Shop or equivalent. (Coatesville only)
- Understand the Source Verification process and perform and document Source Verifications as necessary.
- Achieve proficiency in a minimum of 3 disciplines. Credit may be taken for Tech Services Work and Repair Lab
- Sustain a level of quality performance for a given time period. (e. g. L4 for 1 year)
- Demonstrates strong safety performance and engagement in the safety program over the previous year.
- Show a good working knowledge of OJT 149.
- Understand and demonstrate the Ladder of Accountability.
- Technical Services
- Consistently demonstrate safe behaviors such as use of safety surveys, PPE, verifying rating and condition of equipment, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of OJT 727, Expectations for the Conduct of Failure Analysis and Testing
- Ability to identify appropriate test plan (PQI Template) or to establish appropriate test and acceptance criteria
- Ability to perform efficient troubleshooting, plan and setup tests to produce quality test results and produce high quality project documentation (photographs, datasheets, safety surveys, project charges, etc. )
- Ability to complete quality (P)NCR's, manage and complete USA project center transactions, and disposition OOTRS for completed projects
- Possess qualifications to work in Hot Lab performing testing and failure analysis
- Proficiency in all Labigator Project Module functions such as Receiving, Shipping, Project Procurement, Processing PO's, Template Management (Service Types), Library, ATS, etc.
- Ability to perform vendor source surveillances for testing activities
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster