Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
Description • Directly manage equipment installation and qualification. This will include communications with both internal teams, as well as vendors to schedule events
• Perform and document calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and reagent qualification/QC as assigned
• Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines
• Identify equipment failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately
• Work with various processing teams and scientists to better understand maintenance needs in the lab and make vendor communications more streamlined
• Provide technical expertise and independently bring project solutions to upper management
• Inform system administrators of hardware maintenance and support needs
• Must be able to understand quote assumptions regarding maintenance contracts and other vendor related expenses
• Assist team in reagent lot qualification and release in a high throughput Genomics facility
• Provide assistance on other duties as needed by management
• Strong experience with advanced scientific equipment, including but not limited to validations, installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Ability to work with vendors on instrument and reagent issues so that resolutions can occur rapidly
• Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve issues
• Experience with basic Molecular Biology and Next Generation Sequencing techniques is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Molecular Biology and NGS data analysis and quality control is a plus
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, coworkers, managers and clients
• Strong technical knowledge of complex testing procedures and science supporting the analysis.
• Significant experience with GCP/GLP/CLIA/CAP guidelines is a plus
Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field and 5 years of relevant experience in a clinical, research, academic or commercial/production laboratory environment; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.