A Lab Technician position in San Diego, CA is available through Adecco Medical and Science. You will need an Associate's Degree from a technical or community college, bachelor degree is preferred. You will be responsible for the receiving, cleaning/preparation and scanning of histopathologic slides. You will be required to be proactive and enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to learn on the job and be part of a new fast-paced research project. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Research Coordinator at the partner site along with the Google Operations Manager.
- Receive In-bound slides from Partner
- Clean slides, Inspect for Quality
- Digitize slides using a whole slide imaging system
- Update and maintaining scanning tracking database
- Prepare and package slides for out-bound
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Prepare microscope specimen slides for scanning
- Load and setup scanner for scanning full batches of slides
- Update scanning database for tracking of slides
- Associate's degree from a technical or community college, BS degree preferred.
- 2+ years office or lab experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with other individuals
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Apps, and Google Drive
- May require overtime during off-business hours for emergencies
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Experience working with whole slide imaging software/equipment
- Experience in a medical lab environment
If you are interested in this Lab Technician position in San Diego, CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Medical and Science go to www.adeccousa.com.
If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact Recruiter Name at Recruiter phone or by email at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.