Adecco is seeking an experienced Food Laboratory Technician for a 6 week contract with the ability to perform analytic tests on various company products. The Laboratory Technician's role is to ensure that all products' analytical, micro and organoleptic properties are in compliance with product and regulatory specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct varied quality testing procedures including visual, texture, taste testing and others (cannot have any food allergies or intolerances)
Ensure that all product is in compliance with regulatory specifications. This includes communicating test results to Lab Supervisor and Director and other Management as deemed necessary.
- Contacting Supervisor immediately when product does not meet specifications. Recommending process adjustments to meet specifications.
- Obtain finished product line samples for micro, analytical, raw and pasteurized ingredients testing. Ensure that various food safety detection equipment, such as metal detectors, are calibrated and working properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with strong communications skills and the ability to plan and organize while re-priortizing tasks.
- Basic understanding of microbiology.
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline.
This is a team oriented work environment with a competitive salary depending upon experience.
Adecco is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Submit your resume to lauren.harris @ adeccona.com to be considered for this opportunity.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.