Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
Run tests according to approved methods and accurately input data into varying product excel sheets.
- Adhere to good laboratory practices (GLP), good manufacturing practices (GMP) and safety requirements.
- Responsible for daily laboratory operations and training.
- Verifies raw materials before products are batched.
- Maintains product retains.
- Performs equipment/calibration in the lab and plant where appropriate.
- Assists in general audit of the quality assurance & food safety system.
- Assists in maintaining product specifications MSDS, TDS, and kosher documents.
- Responsible for analyzing test data to determine acceptability.
- Reporting and tagging product that is considered to be out of specification or a potential risk.
- Assist for approving packaging and labels for use.
- Complete HACCP verifications for critical control points (CCPs) and control points (CP).
- Responsible for food safety and quality, along with everyone at the site. Provides guidance to others to minimize food safety risk and achieve quality expectations based on understanding of quality and food safety systems.
- Collaborates with Production to investigate and prevent out of specification product.
- Maintains the sanitation of the Quality lab, Brew Lab, and chemical room.
- Helps complete weekly environmental swabbing.
Minimum high school diploma from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years lab experience in a food and/or chemistry industry preferred.
- Awareness of quality assurance programs and food safety principles.
- Basic computer skills /ability to learn and operate software(s) used in operations/quality.
- Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment in lab environment and calibrate equipment according to instructions.
- Must be able to evaluate test data for the purpose of determining process control adherence and determine proper responses to "out-of-specification" product.
- This position requires exposure to the production environment, climbing ladders and moderate lifting (less than 25 lbs).
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.