WDG- Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. The team is that incubated Kinect and profoundly redefined the way people interact with technology is forming a product development team to change the world again! We are growing team of experienced device product developers, working in a startup environment on redefining experiences with epic technology innovation.
We are looking for an ME Model Maker / Lab Tech to be a part of our team;
-Must be able to follow directions.
-Clean and organize the lab and workspace as needed. Understand and help enforce shop safety requirements for all people accessing the space.
-The following does require minimum supervision and direction from senior staff and management.
• Model Making - 1-3 years’ experience.
• The ability to use basic shop tools and equipment to hand fabricate/modify parts and assemblies as needed. This entails the ability to design, build, either by fabrication OR reduction methods, in the creation of part components and their assemblies.
• Part Fabrication - 1-3 years’ experience.
• Machining - have capability to machine simple parts, modify existing parts per engineer’s instruction using basic manual mill and assorted shop tools.
• Objet/3D Printing - receive requests, organize print jobs, clean parts, maintain printer, deliver parts as needed.
• CNC experience - 1-3 years’ experience using /operating a CNC machine.
• Ability and willingness to learn.
• Know and understands fixture set ups as well as execute.
• Knowledge and ability to complete part set up.
• CAD/CAM - 1-3 years’ experience using CAD and or CAM software (3D Programming) and ability and willingness to learn new CAD/CAM software; HAAS and Surfcam experienced preferred.
-Must be able; to describe and explain in detail the Process (es) followed for any given example of work product, task(s) or experience listed on their resume and/or given as an example of their work experience.
-Must be able; to describe and explain in detail the equipment used for any given example of work product, task(s) or experience listed on their resume and/or given as an example of their work experience.
-Work with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers and program managers.
• Work independently when needed to assist problem solving activities.
-Inspect and measure parts and components both made internally as well as received from outside suppliers.
• Small Scale Assembly - assemble devices using automated/manual techniques with fasteners and adhesives.
-Additional skills desired but not necessary.
• Inventory Management - track quantities of parts and materials received.
• Coordinate ordering of items in shortage.
• Process Documentation - document processes used for device assembly and part fabrication.
• Tool Fabrication - design and build simple tools to facilitate device assembling, including fixturing and knowledge of Workholding.
• Project Management.
• Time Management - be able to take project requests/inputs from multiple engineers, estimate effort levels for each project and deliver on time.
• Goal Oriented Work Instruction - ability to take requirements for a project, distill them into work items that need to be completed and deliver results.
We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and image and video processing, networking and graphics. We will transform our ideas into reality through shipping a first-to-market product.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.