Vehicle Lab Technician Job Description Responsibilities
• Work closely with engineers to support project development work
• Fabricate cables, junction boxes, jigs, and brackets, and install them onto cars
• Assist product hardware team on prototyping, bring-up, debugging, and rework
• Assemble mechanical and electrical test fixtures and setups to facilitate product testing
• Execute detailed test procedures and accurately record/prepare test results and data analysis
• Test electrical system and boards with a variety of analytical lab equipment (examples: power supplies, meters, electrical loads, etc.)
• Keep the lab clean, organized, and fully equipped with tools and supplies
• Create and maintain inventory tracking of lab assets
• Enforce lab safety, clean up, and compliance policies
• Work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Report status to the manager on a regular basis QualificationsRequirements
Education and experience
- Hands-on builder able to remove, modify, and assemble vehicle components and prototypes
- Skillful in operation of hand tools, bench tools, and soldering equipment
- Practiced in making wiring harnesses, crimping, splicing, insulation, taping, and etc.
- Takes pride and craftsmanship in their work while being able to complete projects on a tight schedule
- Able to juggle multiple projects efficiently
- Positive can-do attitude
- Basic knowledge of electronics and ability to troubleshooting electrical circuits down to component level
- Excellent soldering & rework skills (fine pitch components, 0201, 0402, QFNs, etc.)
- Ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with just enough input from engineering
- Familiarity with proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices
- Able to organize and manage a lab environment to ensure high productivity for multiple engineering teams
- Professional and reliable work ethic
- Knowledge in computer system maintenance, maintaining/tracking software versions, and installing
Inside this Business Group
- Educational background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology required (AS preferred)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
Automated Driving Group : Zero accidents. Mobility for all. Intel is collaborating with the world's leaders in automotive design and technology to turn visionary concepts for automated driving into reality. The Automated Driving Group (ADG) is architecting transportation for a better life and a safer world. We accelerate innovation and adoption of smart, connected, transformative, market leading automated driving solutions by delivering high performance SOC's, modules, software and reference designs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.