The Lab Technician will perform routine gas analysis and calibration of laboratory instruments. This position will also be responsible for the safety and accurate analysis of product processed through the laboratory to ensure the company meets its commitments to the customers.
• Maintain quality and safety policies within the laboratory.
• Conform to the requirements of the quality system, testing, or calibration methods relating to all analytical processes.
• Ensure complete and accurate laboratory documentation.
• Ensure adequate maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
• Provide input for quality corrective and preventive actions.
• Review all laboratory records to ensure calibration of instruments is done as required in SOPs.
• Maintain calibration records for all weights, scales and thermometers per SOPs.
• Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
• Manually sets calibrations to analyze selected cylinders for purity, dew point, and other required qualities.
• Conducts a variety of safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves and accurately labels cylinders.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
• If qualified, perform backup duties as a Forklift Operator when necessary.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• 1 - 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.