For more than three decades, Sunrise Children's Hospital
in Las Vegas has been Nevada's largest, most comprehensive children's hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties.
LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE - PRN
The Labor and Delivery RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Labor and Delivery (L&D) - Current BLS, ACLS and NRP certification EDUCATION:
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
BSN preferred KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required
Specialty Certification is required:
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs. EXPERIENCE:
Current acute clinical critical care experience preferred LICENSURE:
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom