The Labor and Delivery Unit consists of 6 LDR's, a 4-bed Triage for antenatal testing, and 2 operating rooms. The Level 2 unit specializes in the care of the pregnant patient >12 weeks gestation. The age range of the clients served includes newborns, adolescents, and adults. Primary reasons for admission or observation include: evaluation and/or treatment of the obstetrical patient for any situation that may compromise the well-being of mother and fetus, as well as routine delivery and planned or emergent Cesarean Sections. The unit provides services to approximately 1200 patients a year and operates 24 hours/day 365 days/year. Patient's labor, deliver, and recover in one room and then are transferred to the PPU unit when stable. Patients admitted for planned or emergent Cesarean Sections are admitted, delivered in one of 2 surgical suites on the unit, recovered in the L&D, then transferred to PPU unit when stable. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Full Time Nights (7p-7a) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider and ACLS required
- AWHONN FHR required on hire for exp. RN or 6 months for novice RN
- NRP - Required within 6 months of hire.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous L&D experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom