People. Performance. Possibilities.
These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA
, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission "Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life." GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Labor Relations Director will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of the Assistant Vice President of Labor Relations:
- Advise about and manage matters of labor relations such as the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements; the processing of formal grievances and the arbitration of such grievances, communications with labor unions relating to other disputes and questions that arise between unions and management; responses to union information requests; discipline of bargaining unit members; and compliance with applicable labor laws.
- Advise about and manage the response to union organizing.
- Advise about and manage the preparation for, and the conduct of, collective bargaining.
- Advise about and manage the preparation for, and the response to, strikes, picketing and other job actions by unions.
- Prepare and present appropriate training for facility management on a variety of labor relations topics.
- Advise, counsel, and participate in employee relations matters, including investigations, coaching/counselings, and disciplinary matters.
- Requires more than 7 years' relevant labor relations work experience.
- Must have experience working with California labor laws.
- Hospital/healthcare work experience is highly desired
- Bachelor's degree required
- Law degree highly desired
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom