At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provides labor relations consultation and direction in the administration of relevant Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs), including company policies for all levels of management. Provides support and advises management regarding discipline, discharges, and grievances.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages labor and management activities within the assigned business unit.
- Assists business unit management in day-to-day labor activities, including the formulating of responses to union related inquiries.
- Manages grievance and arbitration performance in assigned business unit, assisting in their disposition.
- Provides support to the Director/Manager of Employee/Labor Relations in all negotiations.
- Participates in various departmental meetings.
- Consults with Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Union Officers, and attorneys on labor strategy and policies, dispute resolution, contract administration, and negotiations.
- Research, analyze, interpret, and prepare contract language and background information to support company interest and positions.
- Lead negotiation, grievance, and other labor related meetings in the absence of the Employee/Labor Relations Manager/Director.
- Delivers Employee/Labor Relations related training.
- Leads in due diligence efforts.
- Operates independently with little or no supervision
- A minimum of 4 years of Labor Relations experience and a law degree or a 4-year degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field and either a minimum of 8 to 10 years of in specialty areas of HR such as Benefits, Compensation, Generalist, with at least 5 of those years in Labor Relations.
- Proven ability to make sound, independent judgments and decisions.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including upper management and union representatives.
- Proven leadership ability in high performance culture.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Computer abilities using Microsoft Suite Tools
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Law Degree is preferred
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.