As an integral part of the Labor Relations Team, the Labor Relations Specialist
operates as a consultant for Aramark North America Food, Hospitality, and Facility Services. The job holder will report to the AVP, Labor Relations Strategic Initiatives and Employment Relations as a member of the Strategic Initiatives Team and the Labor Relations Department.
- Research and provide written analysis on relevant labor and employment law topics.
- Maintain Labor Relations Intranet Site.
- Partner with Labor Relations teammates on information requests, case research, etc., participation in negotiations sessions, grievance meetings, and arbitration hearings.
- Be a resource for providing basic information to profit centers and other North America Food Hospitality & Facilities Services departments as requested.
- Direct inquiries, both internal and external, to the appropriate Labor Relations Director.
- Help deliver training and focus groups to employees as directed.
- Maintain Arbitration and Unfair Labor Practice library.
- Assist with the development of and preparation of Labor Relations presentations and materials.
- Project work and other duties within the Labor Relations team, as assigned.
- Develops, implements and delivers through a variety of techniques, as directed, training programs, seminars, and materials designed to communicate ARAMARK's labor relations policy.
Reports to the AVP, Labor Relations Strategic Initiatives and Employment Relations.
- Must possess general knowledge of laws and regulations relating to labor relations.
- Must be able to travel 50%-60%, including overnight travel.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern office management and recordkeeping.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Relevant post-secondary education
- 1-2 years work experience in either labor/employment relations or a represented environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, detail orientation, ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.