Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center , where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health Center , The Women's Center , which includes our Baby Suites and 22 bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a designated Bariatric Center of Excellence .
We offer more specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks out for its family, neighbors and friends.
The Phlebotomist draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
- Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
- May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
- Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com .Qualifications:
- This position is full-time evenings rotating weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Phlebotomy Training program.
- Nationally recognized certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred.
- Hospital experience required.
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. Frequent standing , walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom