Integrated Regional Laboratories Lab Assistant II - Full-time (1.0 FTE) Days
Westside Regional Medical Center
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We're always on the move. New technology. State-of-the art care. Campus improvements. You'll find it's an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 224-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Here, our 800 nurses and allied health professionals, along with 750 physicians, thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. Our medical services, combined with programs in specialties varying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustrate why we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Lab Assistant II performs any three of the following non-technical support functions in a hospital/clinical laboratory setting: specimen collection, specimen processing, submission and monitoring of specimens submitted to referral laboratories for esoteric testing, patient registration.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Please Apply Online Now! Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
- Demonstrates proficiency in venipunctures and/or fingersticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completes appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Responsible for clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Performs registration and order entry procedures, as requested, with accuracy, and in a timely manner
- Labels specimens and aliquots according to established protocols and according to testing ordered
- Centrifuges and aliquots specimens appropriately, based on specimen type and tests ordered.
- Cleans the area upon emergency spills of specimens
- Processes, sorts, and prepares specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing in accordance with specimen requirements for tests ordered.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High School or GED preferred
- Vocational/Technical, preferred
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom