Integrated Regional Laboratories Laboratory Assistant II - Full-time (0.8 FTE), 4A-1230P
JFK Medical Center
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 472-bed acute care medical/surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics as well as Women's Services. JFK Medical Center is also a teaching facility for medical residents. Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation. Our people possess the perfect combination of professionalism and compassion. Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of our patients by providing care that never quits. Our determination shows through in everything we do from hiring the best, most qualified people, to creating a dynamic work place where ongoing educational opportunities are a top priority.
The City of Atlantis is located near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the Beach, Trendy Restaurants and Shopping Malls. There's a little something for everybody.
Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Performs any three of the following non-technical support functions in a hospital/clinical laboratory setting: specimen collection, specimen processing, submission and monitoring of specimens submitted to referral laboratories for esoteric testing, patient registration.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Apply Online Now! Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
- Demonstrates proficiency in venipunctures and/or fingersticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completes appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Responsible for clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Performs registration and order entry procedures, as requested, with accuracy, and in a timely manner
- Labels specimens and aliquots according to established protocols and according to testing ordered
- Centrifuges and aliquots specimens appropriately, based on specimen type and tests ordered.
- Cleans the area upon emergency spills of specimens
- Processes, sorts, and prepares specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing in accordance with specimen requirements for tests ordered.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High School or GED preferred
- Vocational/Technical, preferred
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred