Integrated Regional Laboratories
Laboratory Assistant II Part Time (0.5 FTE) Days
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Laboratory Assistant provides clerical and phlebotomy services for the Laboratory in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
• Answers department telephone transfers calls, records messages.
• Organize requisitions received for specimen collections.
• Records receipt of specimens into computer and processes them for testing.
• Faxes lab reports to appropriate locations.
• Prints and distribute reports. Places reports on patient charts.
• Performs Phlebotomy and urine collection.
• Collect urine for drug screens and accurately process required paperwork.
• Applies and reads TB skin tests.
• Performs special coagulation procedures.
• Performs miscellaneous tasks that promote smooth operations including such as stocking supplies
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Apply Online Now!
Required Job Qualifications include:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom