You've put years of hard work, education and training into establishing a great career for yourself. Your compassion and commitment to quality care have placed you among the best in the profession. Now it's time to enjoy the incomparable rewards of a career with us.
Come join our team of dedicated professionals at Memorial Hospital in the beautiful Tampa Bay area! Here, you can enjoy beautiful year around climate with an abundance of cultural and outdoor activities as well as the nation's top beaches.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it's no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
We offer a great place to work, competitive salary and excellent benefits:
Medical, Dental and vision Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Extended Illness Bank, 401k.
The Phlebotomist draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
- Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
- May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
- Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com .Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Phlebotomy Training program.
- Nationally recognized certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred.
- Hospital experience required.
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. Frequent standing , walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom