Putnam Community Medical Center
, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. BASIC FUNCTION:
- Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
- Under general direction is responsible for the efficient and safe collection of appropriate blood samples from patients for testing.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
- Collects a variety of fluid specimens from patients, such as blood drawing, urine drug screens, and PKU's.
- Collects samples for Blood Bank following the guidelines for labeling and attaching the wristband properly identifies patient before collecting sample and distributes specimens to the lab sections correctly.
- Sorts and distributes reports correctly.
- Restocks drawing room before end of shift .
- Files Laboratory copies.
- Carefully reports to oncoming shift any pending problems or potential problems.
- Assists with housekeeping duties for the Department. Puts away supplies.
- Attends Dept. Meeting (or reviews Minutes) and is responsible for all information communicated at meetings.
The Lab Assistant
will work in the Emergency Department and performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in one or more areas of the Clinical Laboratory. Assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, and performs with a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Assures that quality patient care is maintained at all times. This position requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in job performance. PPE is defined as gloves, lab coat, face shields, masks and safety glasses. Lab coats worm at the bench must be removed when going to the cafeteria or other non-patient areas. Position may require fit-testing for Respiratory Isolation Mask.Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED Education:
High School education. EMT certification is highly desirable. Experience
: Previous experience in a clinical laboratory desirable. It requires three to six months to acquire the requisite skills and knowledge which could be obtained through vocational training, past work experience or on-the-job training. On-the-job experience will be evaluated through display of knowledge and skills. Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
This is considered a skilled job level with no licensure required by the State of Florida. Phlebotomy Certification is optional. EMT certification is preferred. Other Minimum Qualifications:
This position requires reasoning, mathematical, and language skills as well as excellent customer services skills. Must have a high level of attention to detail, follow through, and accuracy. Must be flexible with work schedules and assignments. Strong computer, documentation, and record keeping skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus