Assists in the technical and clerical aspects of the Laboratory department. Receives and processes all specimens into the Laboratory department. Performs phlebotomy. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the studentQualifications: Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: Basic reading comprehension required
- Experience: Familiarity with a hospital laboratory is desired. Medical terminology preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Desire minimum of 6 months phlebotomy experience. Phlebotomy program certificate preferred.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom