Laboratory Coordinator Vegetables Woodland, CA
Are you the subject matter expert in your lab? Are you the employee that co-workers turn to when they aren't sure how to handle a situation or address a problem? Do you enjoy showing new people the ropes and making them feel welcome & included? Would you be excited to take on a role where you can seek new ways to do things and be able to see those ideas implemented? Then this Lab Coordinator could be the ideal role for you!
This could be an excellent development role for an aspiring people leader!
In this Lab Coordinator position you will have the opportunity to work as a team member in a high throughput Quality Control Laboratory supporting the Global Vegetable Seed Supply Chain Organization and key customers/colleagues in cross functional areas.
This role is with the Seed Health QC Testing Lab functioning as the technical expert in molecular techniques including ELISA, PCR, nucleic acid extraction and automation. Responsibilities will also include daily workflow adjustments/coordination, troubleshooting and driving process improvements. The position will report to the Testing Lab Operations Supervisor
. Key Responsibilities
- The main function of this position is the coordination of daily laboratory activities:
- planning and delegating daily tasks to other team members
- coordinating lab training programs
- maintaining traceability of samples through the lab
- o versee sample flow by monitoring sample queue
- working with Operations Supervisor and customers for prioritization of samples
- Function as the subject matter expert and process expert for sample preparation, routine QC tests, contributing to troubleshooting, assuring data quality, ensuring equipment is maintained, and expanding the quality culture.
- Manage continuous improvement projects (CI) using metrics such as key process indicators (KPIs) to drive the team to evaluate, implement, and report findings to management.
- Desire to improve lab processes by proactively identifying and driving team based projects in areas such as:
- Information Technology/Data Management
- Method Documentation/Implementations
- Research and Development projects
- Troubleshooting activities.
- Communicate with broad audience through organized meetings. Propose recommendations from evaluation of data using technical writing for summarizing and presenting.
- Lead laboratory activities within the team to ensure all testing is conducted according to Monsanto ES&H policies, laboratory protocols, and external Regulatory agencies. Verify the compliance of procedures for handling regulated and stewardship materials.
- Collaborate with IT teams to capture lab requirements, optimization, and delegate testing of IT/SAP/LIMS system changes.
Monsanto is one of the largest companies in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of Agriculture seeds. We strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water & climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
- BA/BS in Sciences (Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology or similar discipline).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 4+ years of experience are required; 6+ are preferred
- This position may require periodic overtime work to respond to fluctuating workloads and tasks.
- Experience with databases, bar-coding, LIMS, and SAP are preferred and will be developed with experience
- Experience operating, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory automation and other equipment
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in a Seed Testing Laboratory and/or Greenhouse
- Knowledge of seed lab testing procedures
- QA/QC, GLP, GMP, ISO/QMS, documentation auditing experience AOSA/ISTA guidelines
- Experience in programming automation equipment and/or software
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.