Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Technical Lead This position may sit in a Johnson & Johnson facility in NJ, PA, or Jacksonville FL, and will require up to 20% Domestic and International travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Technical Lead will be part of the Quality and Research & Development Services (QRDS) organization, responsible for the development of Laboratory systems across all segments. The primary focus of this role will be to manage the delivery of technical projects. This individual will be responsible for the resolution of L3 incidents in partnership with the Level 2 support team and ensure the execution of support SLAs with the business. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact for applications in their portfolio, with accountability to the business and Application Services (AS) leadership. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the execution and/or oversight of development projects (primarily for Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) platforms), including management of contractor resources in support of development work.
This individual will partner with support to ensure the monitoring of application performance, service health performance metrics, change management, ticketing and resolution of incidents, resolution of identified problems and execution of releases associated with Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM) and Problem Management.
- Execution and/or oversight of development/deployment projects
- Perform routine system administration tasks
- Interact with software vendor to resolve system issues
- Project updates to SDLC documents related to bug fixes and enhancements
- Leverage opportunities that drive continuous improvement of the support service
- Configuration of Business Process Workflows
- L3 support activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related Technology field of study with at least 8 years of relevant work experience or 10+ years of work related experience without a degree is required.
- Expert experience in LabWare LIMS administration and trouble shooting is required
- Experience in LIMS system interfaces to instruments, Empower CDS & ERP systems is required
- Experience in Databases and Crystal reports is required
- Experience with systems validation is required
- Experience with automated testing tools such as HP Quality Center(HPQC) is required
- Experience in Biovia Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) is highly preferred.
- Experience working within and configuring business process workflows is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to management effectively is required
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Experience working in large global enterprises is preferred
- Experience with Agile Methodology is preferred
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-New JerseyOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.