CHS has an opportunity within our Renewable Fuels division located in Annawan, IL. We are looking for a Laboratory Lead who will be in charge of the quality control of our ethanol and biodiesel facility and maintain all laboratory equipment/inventories. CHS offers an excellent benefit package with growth potential. We are seeking someone that is self-motivated and works well with others in a team environment. You will:
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Be responsible for all laboratory equipment preventative maintenance, calibrations and up-keep
- Oversee all laboratory inventories for both ethanol and biodiesel facilities.
- Become knowledgeable in process operations and understand chemical, biological and mechanical principles.
- Perform all necessary quality control test and procedures to ensure all products are within specifications.
- Be responsible for approving all final product testing and oversights for both facilities.
- Perform in process testing to ensure all operations are at optimal performance.
- Inform Production Supervisors of any issues or potential issues that could affect product quality.
- Conduct benchtop and in-process trials with or without the assistance of others.
- Participate in training process operators on laboratory procedures and safety.
- Contribute to employee reviews and regularly address positive performance as well as needs for improvement.
- Assist in managing the facilities food safety plan and good manufacturing practices.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures; alert management of any safety concerns.
- Attend and participate in the monthly employee training.
- Work together with fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Keep all work areas clean, orderly, and in a safe condition.
- Hard hats, steel toed boots, eye & hearing protection are provided and required in designated areas.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards, correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry or Science Related Field
- Prior Experience in Quality Laboratory
- Background in experimental procedures and data analysis
- Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry or Science Related Field or Minimum of 5 yrs. past experience in related technical field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point Presentations
- Ability to speak and read English
- Able to lift, use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 50lbs frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 180ft
- Able to stand, walk, and climb stairs as needed
- Able to work in noisy, dusty, and all-weather conditions
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry or Science Related Field
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.